This is one of my favorite cookies to make because it's so easy and it's fun to cut chunks out of it while it's still warm. Just be forewarned that if you over-bake it, it turns out more like a Blondie (more cake-like). So if you prefer your cookies to be cookie-ish, be sure to take it out of the oven as soon as it begins to brown.
You Will Need:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Spray your pan well with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine butter and sugars. Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg and vanilla, mix well. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. The dough will be really dry- just keep mixing carefully until it forms a soft dough.
4. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Pat dough into your pan (you can grease your hands with cooking spray or oil if needed). Press almost to edges.
6. Bake 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown.
7. Cool on rack for five minutes, then gently flip cookie upside down to remove from pan. You can place a cooling rack on top of the cookie before you flip the pan over so that the rack catches it easily. Then transfer to a plate.
Let cool completely. You can decorate the cookie with decorator frosting, or M&M's if the cookie is still warm. Serve with ice cream, if desired!
We opted to put the eyes and nose on the flat side of the cookie, but you might choose to flip it over and decorate the "bumpy" side, too.
As I said earlier, this cookie comes out tasting a lot like a blondie (meaning it's a little more cake-like with a soft texture, with the flavor of a blondie), especially if you over-bake it. It is not overly sweet or chocolatey (but it CAN be if you add extra chips!). This recipe should work with most cookie pans.
Recipe adapted from Food.com and wilton.com
If you like-a my cookie pan, you can use my affiliate link below to find one on Amazon. Or maybe pick another! There are lots.