Creamy, Dreamy Easy Rice Pudding
I must point out that this fabulous recipe was adapted from PrettyProvidence, and I appreciated their simple directions and gorgeous photos.
What You'll Need:
2 cups cooked white rice (I used Success Boil-in-Bag)
3 tbsp butter
2 cups whole milk
1/3 cup white sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon (or more to taste)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Cook your rice according to package directions. I use Success Boil-in-Bag because it's super easy. I hear this recipe works with brown rice, too, but I've never tried it.
2.Put all of your ingredients into a medium saucepan and stir together over medium heat (not too hot or it will scald).
3. Stir constantly to keep it from burning (plus you get to smell it cooking while you stand there stirring- yum). You'll see it bubble slightly and that's okay, but you don't want a full boil.
4. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until it thickens. I think it took more like 25 minutes for me, but you be the judge.
5. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. You can serve it warm or refrigerate it. You can also transfer it to smaller bowls for serving (if you like raisins, you can add them to taste after your mixture thickens- just stir them in). NOTE: this rice pudding is best served the same day, but if you want to make it a day ahead, you might want to leave the mixture somewhat liquidy before you refrigerate it. The rice will absorb some of the liquid while refrigerated. If you go to serve it the next day and it's thickened, add some milk as needed and stir. It will soften up again!
6. Sprinkle extra cinnamon on top, if desired. It also tastes great with whipped cream!
For a printable version of this recipe, click here.
And of course, don't forget to share with the ones you love. My little taste tester, Spot the Jersey Doggy, always gets to lick the spoon. He's more interested in my cooking than The Jersey Momma's Boy! Go figure.
For a printable version of this recipe, click here!